Math Department Chair - Appointed 2018
- M.Ed. Secondary Education, Focusing on Special Education, University of New Hampshire
- B.S. Mathematics Education, Jr. High/Middle School & Secondary, Concentration in Computer Science, University of New Hampshire
Honors and Awards
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Major
- Mover and Shaker Award
- Technology Award Scholarship
- Pi Mu Epsilon Mathematics Honors Society Inductee
- Golden Key National Honors Society Inductee
Activities in College
- President of Society of Women Engineers
- Vice-President of Pi Mu Epsilon Mathematics Honors Society
- Secretary of Golden Key National Honors Society
- University Mathematics Tutor and Modules Assistant
- Captain of Floor Hockey Team
Best VCS Moment
One of my favorite VCS moments was my interview day. Knowing that the school took the time to have me prepare and teach multiple lessons, and scheduled interviews with multiple groups (including about 20 students) not only showed me how much they value each member of their community, but enforced how much of an honor it was to be chosen to be a part of it.
“It’s not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” — Edmund Hillary
Interests and Hobbies
Dancing, traveling, skiing, reading, health and wellness, outdoor adventures, learning new things, and, of course, spending time with family and friends.
While I grew up in Vermont and feel blessed to live here, I also value the many experiences I have gained from traveling the world. Canyoneering in Utah, leading hikes through the Adirondacks, teaching mathematics in Peru, building homes in Africa, providing medical care in Haiti–I love taking on new adventures, stepping outside my comfort zone, and overcoming challenges to help others. I bring these same qualities, along with the love of learning, to my students; whether in the classroom or on our many VCS adventures in the real world. I strive to reach students where they are at, and challenge them to rise to where they are capable of going.