Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to email@example.com. Applicants must also fill out a SchoolSpring application for each position.
Sabbatical Social Studies Instructor, Fall Semester 2017
Vermont Commons School is looking for a one-semester, sabbatical replacement Social Studies teacher. This is a full-time teaching position for the fall 2017 semester (late August through the first half of January) while the current department chair is away on sabbatical. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching middle and/or high school courses in world history, Vermont history, geography, United States government and political science and other duties, as needed.
- Instruct students about global and national social issues.
- Help students understand the geographical, historical, cultural, and political factors that influence the development of world regions, and the operation of political and economic systems.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Maintain grade books.
- Assess student work.
- Support student learning on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student performance.
- advising a group of students
- proctoring study hall
- assisting with physical education classes
- attend department and faculty meetings, as well as professional development days
- communicate clearly and effectively with parents
Masters and a minimum of three years of teaching experience preferred. Independent school teaching experience preferred. Salary is according to degree and years of experience. Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred. 3 work references are required. To apply please submit completed School Spring application; of particular interest are your resume and cover letter.
Substitute Teachers for the 2016-2017 School Year
Vermont Commons School, an independent school for 6th-12th grade, seeks versatile, available, responsive substitute candidates for the 2016-2017 school year. Flexible schedules that can accommodate last-minute, on-call coverage needs are essential.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience preferred. Come join our enthusiastic learners and faculty!
Vermont Commons School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.